ECO Magazine is partnering with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and The Ocean Foundation to produce a special edition on sea-level rise. The ‘Rising Seas’ edition is the second publication announced in ECO’s 2021 ‘In Focus’ digital series, which aims to showcase solutions to the ocean’s most prevalent issues.
Available July, The Rising Seas digital edition will review the international efforts underway to create resilient coasts with nature-based solutions and green coastal development, explore the societal impact of sea-level rise, and take a look at the latest modelling tools and data collection technology for measuring coastal change.
ECO, NOAA and The Ocean Foundation invite ocean stakeholders participating in activities in all fields related to Rising Seas to submit a contribution.
HOW DO I CONTRIBUTE?
We are interested in written, video, and audio submissions related to initiatives, new knowledge, partnerships, or innovative solutions that are relevant to the following:
1. Our Rising Seas: The latest research on global sea-level rise and the current state of climate science.
2. Tools for Measuring Coastal Change: Modelling, measuring, predicting rising seas and shoreline change.
3. Nature and Nature-Based Solutions (NNBS) and Living Shorelines: Best practices and lessons learned.
4. Sustainable Finance and Governance: Example models and calls for new policy, governance and regulatory frameworks; sustainable financing challenges and approaches.
5. Rising Seas and Society: Challenges and opportunities in island communities, community-based solutions and economic vulnerability impacts of rising seas.
Due to the increasing popularity of ECO Magazine’s digital series, spaces are limited. Those wishing to submit content should fill out the submission form as soon as possible.
The editorial team will get in touch to discuss your submission and provide you with your allocated word-count and a style guide. On acceptance, we ask that you submit your completed article by June 14, 2021.
For more information about submitting a story to the Rising Seas Special Issue, contact ECO’s Senior Editor, Kira Coley, at [email protected]