Participate in our special session on Environmental Hydraulics related to Aquaculture at the 39th IAHR World Congress, which will take place between 19 -24 June 2022 in Granada, Spain.
The rapid expansion of aquaculture industries globally in recent decades is challenged by a number of environmental concerns, including nutrient enrichment and waste dispersion, disease infestations and spreading, and sea floor deterioration below the farms. This session looks to receive original contributions from research groups and aquaculture industry covering topics such as flow (wave and current) interactions with aquaculture structures; near and far-field mass transport and mixing processes; sea-lice and pathogen dispersal; particulate waste transport, deposition and entrainment processes; mixing zone regulation for aquaculture effluents; and relevant field scale monitoring and/or modelling techniques.
Details of all the special sessions are given at https://iahrworldcongress.org/confirmed-special-sessions/
Please note that the Congress is scheduled to take place in person in Granada from 19 – 24 June 2022. Full details of the arrangements are given at https://iahrworldcongress.org/
Deadline for submissions of abstract to the regular thematic sessions is 15 October 2021. However, you can submit your abstract to our special session before the 15 December 2021, by following the instructions below:
- Please email us by 15 November 2021 indicating your intention to submit an abstract to our special session. Please include an abstract title and details of the presenting/corresponding author.
- Please email your abstract (including title, authors, affiliations, 450 words maximum abstract text, 5 keywords, references) to Dr Dongdong Shao ([email protected] ) and Dr Alan Cuthbertson ([email protected]) by 15 December 2021. If you need more time to prepare your abstract, please just let us know.
- Please note that you will need to register for the IAHR World Congress to present at the conference (https://iahrworldcongress.org/registration/).
- Your submission will be included in the book of abstracts (unless otherwise stated). We’ll send you more details after we compile the initial submissions to our special session.
- We plan to arrange a special journal issue (potentially in the IAHR Journal of Hydro-Environment Research – TBC) for the papers presented at the special session.