These awards will be delivered jointly by the Scottish Funding Council and Royal Society of Edinburgh, will be open to all research disciplines including arts, humanities and social sciences, as well as any multidisciplinary projects. The awards will enable research collaboration activities with European nations, including European Free Trade Area (EFTA) countries.
While the aim of these awards is to help create and sustain future partnerships for the purposes of Horizon Europe, participating in the schemes can be done independently of Horizon Europe activity. The Royal Society of Edinburgh is currently inviting applications across five new calls:
- Saltire International Collaboration Awards, for joint research projects with Scottish and EU researchers. Value up to £12K over 24 mths. Deadline noon on 12th July 2021.
- RSE Saltire Facilitation Workshop Awards, for Scotland and EU collaborative investigation into research proposition at early stage of development. Value up to £10K over 12 mths. Deadline noon on 12th July 2021.
- RSE Saltire Facilitation Networks Awards, for Scotland and EU bi/multilateral partnerships. Value up to £20K over 24 mths. Deadline noon on 12th July 2021.
- RSE Saltire Early Career Fellowships, for PhDs students and Early Career Researchers to undertake 3–12-month exchanges. Deadline noon on 12th July 2021.
- RSE Saltire Research Excellence Fellowships, for world-class research leaders, to facilitate exchanges inbound/outbound of global Scottish/EU academics. Value up to £75K for salary costs and £10K for research expenses but note that match funding is expected from the host HEI. Deadline noon on 12th July 2021.