This scheme is for early career researchers and innovators who are either:
- looking to establish or transition to independence
- developing their own original and ambitious plans within a commercial setting.
We are offering funding to support ambitious research or innovation programmes across UKRI’s remit.
You must be based at, and have the support of, an eligible academic or non-academic institution.
There is no minimum or maximum award value.
Your project can last for up to four years, with the option to apply to renew for a further three years.
We’re looking to fund fellowships of up to seven years to support talented researchers and innovators who are transitioning to research or innovation leadership.
Fellowships will be funded for four years in the first phase, with the option to apply to renew for a further three years later on.
The scheme aims to:
- develop, retain, attract and sustain research and innovation talent in the UK
- foster new research and innovation career paths including those at the academic, business and interdisciplinary boundaries, and facilitate movement of people between sectors
- provide sustained funding and resources for the best early career researchers and innovators
- provide long-term, flexible funding to tackle difficult and novel challenges, and support adventurous, ambitious programmes.