Apply for funding to collaborate with a UK or devolved government host or What Works Network centre on research activity to address pressing national and global challenges.
Fellows will be uniquely positioned to:
- provide research and expert advice on the host’s policy priority areas, including co-designing and delivering research projects and activities
- engage in knowledge exchange activities across government and academia
- join a cohort of fellows to build longer-term networks across research and policy
- build lasting connections between the policymaking and research communities
- generate and share new knowledge and insights on effective policy collaboration with the wider research community and with funders of this funding opportunity
- scope and lead research-related activity with the host
- work closely with hosts to ensure alignment of priorities and that analysis is as robust and useful as possible in driving decisions
- provide advice and peer review to other aspects of the host’s work
- support capability building within host in your area of expertise
- strengthen engagement between government and academia through activities such as:
- connecting with related UKRI research portfolios, acting as a pipeline for knowledge exchange between them and hosts
- publishing outputs from analysis produced, subject to clearance processes
- knowledge exchange activities with academic institutions and other analytical and policy teams within government and intermediaries
- supporting hosts and funders of this funding opportunity in the evaluation of the fellowship programme and improvement of future schemes
- co-design research with the host organisation to inform policy on a priority area
- help improve the exchange of knowledge between policy and academic institutions
- be based at an organisation eligible for UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) funding
- have a PhD or equivalent experience
For fellowships with a Whitehall or devolved administration host the full economic cost (FEC) is £170,000. For fellowships with a What Works Network host the FEC is £210,000.
UKRI will fund 80% FEC.