Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Location: Flexible with some time at Somerset House, London.
Contract: Permanent, three-month probation.
Holidays: 5 weeks leave per annum plus national holidays
The application deadline is 31/08/2022
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
A vacancy has arisen for a Blue Carbon Economist to join the Blue Marine Foundation (Blue Marine) team. Reporting into the Development Director and working alongside an internal team and external board of advisers, the Blue Carbon Economist will play a principal role in driving forward Blue Marine’s blue carbon unit. They will deliver on dynamic workstreams including:
- Principal role in the development, verification and establishment of global voluntary carbon market projects.
- Economic underpinning of innovative blue carbon projects with a focus on the UK to start.
- Develop a proof of concept for biodiversity and nitrate credits alongside blue carbon credits via a seascape approach in the UK.
- Contribute to the establishment of a trusted voluntary blue carbon market that supports BLUE’s vision for a healthy ocean.
- Raising the profile of the ocean as a climate change solution.