|Salary:||£43,414 to £51,805 per annum|
|Closes:||14th February 2023|
The School of GeoSciences at the University of Edinburgh invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in Ecological Science (Ecology / Biodiversity / Conservation). The position has an open-ended contract with an expected start date in summer 2023. We are also inviting applications for a Lecturer in Environmental Science.
We seek candidates whose research and teaching interests complement and enhance our existing strengths. The successful candidate in Ecological Science (Ecology / Biodiversity / Conservation) will contribute to one or more key areas including (but not limited to): ecology of nature-based solutions; ecosystem management; conservation; biodiversity; temperate forest ecology; temperate landscape ecology; peatland ecology; freshwater ecology; agroecology.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates dedicated to using their expertise to make a difference in ecological science. They will create a vibrant research programme, support and mentor undergraduate and graduate students, teach and make meaningful contributions to School citizenship and administration, and engage with decision-makers in the environment and/or ecosystems.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- PhD in Ecology / Environmental Biology / Ecosystem Science / Biodiversity Science / Conservation Science or related area
- Ability to deliver high quality research to address critical and timely issues in your field and collaborating across disciplines
- Ability to enthuse students in their learning, and design and deliver effective teaching and assessment
- Commitment to engage with decision-makers, other stakeholders and/or the public
- Demonstrable commitment to participating fully in academic life, including supporting students and collaborative working