Closing 22 August 2022.
- Duration: 2.5 years, full time
- Where: Falkland Islands
- Salary: Starting at £38,288
- Closing Date: 22 August 22
SAERI is recruiting a Marine Mammal Scientist (pinniped bycatch) to support the coordination and delivery of a Darwin Initiative funded project. This 2.5 year role will work in partnership with the Falkland Islands Government and Falkland Islands Fishing Companies Association (FIFCA) to understand the factors that have led to an increase in seal-fishery interaction and provide baseline data and guidance to align current management objectives and actions, into action plans supporting Fisheries and Ocean governance.
The main accountabilities are:
- Understand the occurrence of seal-fishery interactions across temporal and spatial scales
- Work with partners to model the factors that have contributed to an increase in seal-fishery interactions
- Work with partners to provide baseline data on trophic ecology and trophodynamics related to fisheries and seals.
The full job description can be found on this website.
For further information or a general chat about this post, feel free to contact Alastair
Baylis: [email protected]