Type of appointment: 1 x Permanent & 1 x 2 year FTA
Location: Peterborough or Aberdeen
- Work with JNCC and country agency staff to provide advice to Government(s) on issues relating to the conservation of marine mammals.
- Support the production of marine mammal conservation status assessments and other reports relating to the UK’s international conservation commitments, such as those under OSPAR and ASCOBANS.
- Organisation of project and/or partnership meetings and events, providing secretariat functions where these are necessary, and producing papers and giving presentations when appropriate.
- Working with staff in the JNCC Marine Species Team, and other teams, identifying opportunities to develop new work areas and supporting preparation of project specifications and bids.
- Support wider Marine Species Team and cross team working (e.g. noise and marine mammal tasks for the Marine Management Team).
Closing date and interview date
The closing date for this post is 23:55 on Tuesday, 07 December 2021
The anticipated interview date is week commencing Monday, 17 January 2022