SAERI is recruiting a Senior Marine and Fisheries Scientist to be based in the Turks and Caicos Islands for 2 years to work closely with the government and local fishers and stakeholders. The role will build fishers’ capacity for participation in fisheries management and landing sites. It will also train staff in landing and biological data collection and management as well as equip a fisheries laboratory to conduct stock assessments using the data collected.
Specifically, this newly developed role will:
- Centralise fish landing points through stakeholder engagement
- Train data collection and equipment use to create an integrated fisheries database
- Equip a fisheries laboratory; and
- Develop monitoring and stock assessment routines
Main Essential criteria:
- PhD in Marine Sciences, marine policy, or related field
- Experience with statistical modelling, with a fundamental knowledge of stock assessments
Further information can be obtained from Arlene Bowers by emailing [email protected]
Apply online here.
Deadline: 30 September 2021