JOB TITLE: Visitor Engagement & Admin Assistant
SALARY: £19,000 to £21,000 (per annum pro rata)
REPORTS TO: Outreach and Communications Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
CONTRACT: Seasonal fixed-term, full-time until end October 2022 (extension dependent on funding)
LOCATION: Lamlash, Isle of Arran
Apply by: 5pm on 20th February 2023. Online interviews are likely to be held the week commencing the 27th February.
A varied role designed to deliver the warmest welcome to visitors, ensuring a positive visitor experience by assisting with Front of House duties and engagement within the Marine Discovery Centre. The Outreach and Communications team are responsible for ensuring that all our stakeholders and visitors have an exceptional experience in line with our mission statement both onsite at the Discovery Centre and offsite at events and on-board COAST Explorer.
The Visitor Engagement & Admin Assistant will play a key role in the organisation, delivering the warmest welcome to visitors to our Centre and ensuring a positive visitor experience. Working within the Outreach and Communications Team, you will help ensure all stakeholders and visitors have an exceptional experience with COAST. The role will also provide vital administrative support to all departments within COAST, contributing to the fulfilment of COAST’s key aims and objectives.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills. A demonstratable proficiency in IT is essential, as is the ability to communicate warmly and enthusiastically to a broad demographic of individuals. You will be available to work regular weekends and bank holidays and have the ability to work effectively with others whilst being self-motivated in a fast-moving, changing and challenging organisation. You will have a general interest in the marine environment, although an in-depth knowledge is not essential as full training will be provided.
- Being welcoming, friendly and helpful to the public, retaining the highest level of customer service.
- Proactive engagement with our visitors of all ages and abilities within our Discovery Centre.
- Provide support, general administration and correspondence for COAST outreach program, including coordinating bookings.
- Processing of retail sales in person, online and through telephone utilising Shopify.
- Supporting Front of House volunteers, interns and work experience students
- Daily opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure upkeep of retail space and maintain stock levels.
- Assisting with outreach & educational events as necessary, potentially including public tours on board research vessel COAST Explorer
- Assist with the maintenance of Discovery Centre exhibits including cleaning displays, marine tank maintenance and reprinting of exhibits and signage.
- Answer all enquiries and promote COAST’s work in a confident, inspirational and motivational way.
- Provide support to COAST’s operations and activities as required.